Sunday 2 November 2014

Production Log 2

British Social Realism films are filmed on real locations and not on sets, this adds to the realism of the film, an example of this is a BSR film is the location for Fish Tank which used places in Barking which is very close to where live.






BSR conventionally use natural lighting this is used to add to the realism of the piece and connotes to the audience that this film is interpretation of real life and not just a film to enjoy but to reflect upon.







BSR films normally use actors without much experience and instead try to find people who are similar to the character they had in mind this adds to the realism of the film, an example of this is in the film The Selfish Giant which for the character Arbor used a kid without any previous acting experience.







Some texts I found particularly influential was This is England as it was a haunting story but it also gave me an understanding what England was like in the 80's and the racial issues which existed then.  Another text i found very influential was Fish Tank as it was filmed in locations near to where I lie and showed the capabilities of what I can do for my opening sequence. Fish Tank and This is England dealt with many different themes like regional identity, sexuality, age, social class and ethnicity.





I will conform to the conventions for BSR films as the exam board is looking for something that follows the BSR genre so breaking the rules of this genre may affect my marks so I'm going to use natural lighting and use real locations. As well as that traditionally BSR films are low budget so following the conventions allows me to keep to a low budget too.

No comments:

Post a Comment